I would like to start this post by giving credit to the creator of this recipe who is: Susan Jane White. Last Saturday, Linwoods were kind enough to invite me to a very special event they organised for food bloggers and this amazing recipe was given to us in a food demo that I enjoyed thoroughly.
After the demo, they gave us a bite and I felt in love with this recipe so that is why I am sharing with you all because is only fair you all taste this goodness.
This recipe is full of fibre, vitamins, plant based proteins and good fats, and it top of that is a real treat to have to kill the chocolate cravings over the weekend!
Ingredients: (for the base)
1 cup of dates
1 cup of Sunflower & Pumpkin seed mix from Linwoods
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons cacao nibs
2 tablespoons goji berries
For the topping:
100g dark chocolate ( I used Lindt sea salt)
125 grams of coconut cream (you can use a can of full fat coconut milk, water drained)
1. Chop the dates roughly so they are easier to blend
2. Blend all the base ingredients, starting with the dates and following with the rest of the ingredients
3. Blend until you get a gooey paste (you don’t have to blend to perfection, so you have some texture in it)
4. Press the mixture down in a squared tin (20×20 approx.)
5. Place into fridge to set
In the meantime lets get the chocolate sauce done:
1. Break the dark chocolate into a glass bowl
2. In a saucepan, heat up the coconut cream until is very hot. Right before if fully boils
3. Add the hot cream into the bowl with the dark chocolate and keep mixing with a conventional spoon until you get a glossy chocolate sauce
4. Pour it over the base of your treats and decorate with an handful of goji berries
5. Place back into the fridge to set over night. Or in the freezer to set for 1 hour
6. Cut into squares and enjoy!