Hi everyone, I made these bars today, as you might already have seen on Snapchat. This recipe is an amazing “pick me up” in the middle of the day. They taste like coffee cake. One of the most delicious treats I have ever made.
They are vegan, gluten free, and raw, so they’re very simple to make. Amazing for a pre-work fuel or simply as an afternoon snack to enjoy with a cup of coffee.
3 cups of raw porridge oats
1 cup of vanilla protein (I used NUA vegan rice protein)
1 can of coconut milk (full fat)
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of coffee
1/2 cup of almond butter
For sweetener I used 1/2 cup of honey, but thats because my protein is not very sweet, If the protein you use is very sweet, there is no need to add the honey
1. First Blend the oats to turn into flour.
2. Then mix the oat flour with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl with your own hands
3. Press down the mixture into a greased squared dish (I used an 8×11 inch dish)
4. Set in the fridge for half an hour or in the freezer for 20 minutes
5. Cut into the desired size
6. Drizzle some melted dark chocolate on top (optional)
I wrapped them in tin foil and froze half of them to keep them for emergencies when Im on the go, or for a snack.
I hope you guys like them, and if you make them please tag me or send me a picture and let me know your thoughts.