Today being a rainy Sunday day, it was definitely a soup day. I had a cauliflower in the fridge I got last week it definitely needed to be used so I came up with this delicious recipe that it has a lot of nutrients in it.
For instance, one serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C.
Cauliflower contains a wealth of anti-inflammatory nutrients to help keep inflammation in check.
Cauliflower helps your body’s ability to detoxify in multiple ways. It contains antioxidants that support Phase 1 detoxification along with sulfur-containing nutrients important for Phase 2 detox activities. The glucosinolates in cauliflower also activate detoxification enzymes.
So as you can see, this soup is extremely healthy. Also is very filling and you just need some wholemeal bread to complete this delicious lunch.
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
1 garlic clove minced
3/4 cup of cashew nuts
800ml of vegetable stock
1. Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan
2. Saute the onion, the leek and the garlic until onion is translucent
3. Add the cauliflower and cover with the vegetable stock
4. Bring it to the boil and then simmer in a low heat until cauliflower is nice and tender
5. When you are blending your soup add the cashew nuts and blend well until nice and creamy
6. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper
TIP: Add some grated cheddar when serving for an extra cheesy consistency in it!
Garnish with some parsley and some black pepper. I hope you guys like it and if you make it please tag me in any of my social media pages.