This Flapjacks are so tasty, actually dangerous tasty as is hard to stop at one. But handy to have in the house for the kids and myself as a quick healthy snack to enjoy with a cup or tea or coffee.
This recipe provides good fats, fibre, B vitamins just to mention a few! It is also high in minerals which are essential for our health!
2 cups of oats (150g approx)
1 cup of ground almond
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts
1 cup pumkin seeds
100g coconut oil (in its hard form)
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
1. Prepare a square dish with grease proof paper
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a saucepan in low heat.
4. Once they are melted and well mixed pour this mix into the oat mixture
5. With the help of a spoon, press down the mix into your prepared mould until nice and even
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown at the top
7. Allow to cool completely before you cut them.
TIP: To avoid the raisins to burn in the oven, soak them in boiling water for 5 minutes beforehand