The no sugar November challenge is a great idea to give our bodies a little detox before christmas. As we know, christmas is a time to enjoy, eat, drink and sit beside the fire. If you like to still be super strict on Christmas well I’m delighted for you.
But for me is all about doing what I don’t do all year around, sit, eat, drink and relax on my diet. I have learned to be able to do all this without abusing and last year I only put half a kilo on and I felt I was going to gain 3 kilos as I didn’t say no to anything I wanted. My secret was I didn’t abuse.
Having a very clean diet in november helped me as well to have the option to go a bit crazier on December.
Let’s have some willpower and do this!
- Fresh veggies and fruits
- Natural dried fruit (no sugars added to it), For example, dates, raisins, cranberries, dried mango, etc
- Whole foods
- You can eat healthy carbs like sweet potato, brown pasta, wholemeal bread, etc.
- Stay hydrated
- Keep active
- Avoid Alcohol as It will just enhance your sweet cravings
- Drink smoothies
- Eat healthy fats as nut butters, handful of nuts and seeds
- If you want something sweet: eat fruit, dates with almond butter, a rice cake, have a glass of water, wash your tooth, go for a walk, have a bath, call a friend and have a good talk
- Products with added sugar. Check labels. Nothing with syrups, glucose, stevia
- No artificial sweeteners
- No honey
- No maple syrup
- No Agave
- No white bread, white pasta or white rice
- No store-bought sauces or dressings with include sugar in their ingredients
This meal plan is just an overall example to give you ideas of meals. Doesn’t mean you have to strictly follow it. You can if you want to, of course, but don’t feel limited to other foods you would like to have. Also, for example on the toasted sandwich you can add chicken if you eat meat, add salmon or chicken to the pasta bake etc.
If you want to follow an exercise routine and don’t have access to a gym or don’t know what to do. Here is my Recommendation:
If you want to join the gym, you can do the routine that I do and it is very effective: MY WORKOUT ROUTINE
- Be mentally prepared
- Take a picture of yourself for yourself to compare at the end
- Weight or measure yourself
- Write down the things you want to change
- Plan your meals weekly. (If you want to so here is a blank planner you can print):
I hope I didn’t miss anything, If I did please let me know, ask me any questions, and lets do this together. WE CAN TOTALLY DO IT!