A lovely follower called Aoife send me this recipe to try and it is definitely a new favourite.
Although the amount of sweetness wasn’t enough so in the recipe below I’m actually increasing the amount of maple syrup to make it sweeter.
Aside from that is tastes delicious and is great for people that are gluten free!
60ml mealted Coconut oil
200ml maple syrup
180g almond ground
4 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
90g chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven 180 degrees Celcius
2. In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup. Combine well.
3. In a another bowl mix the almond ground, walnuts, baking powder and salt
4. Incorporate the wet ingredients with the dry ones and mix them well. As you are mixing, add the chocolate and combine well.
5. Line a 1lb loaf tin with grease paper or use a silicone mould like mine! So handy as you dont have to be greasing it! (Mine is from wyldsson.com)
6. Pour the mixture in and bake for 30-40 minutes
If you like bananas 2 bananas would go very well to turn it into a chocolate-banana bread!