This recipe is literally so delicious is so hard to stop eating it!
Weather you serve it with rice or mash or yo make burgers either way is delicious and a great recipe for gatherings because you can always make in advance and just heat everything up on the day
The part of the pork you need is the shoulder you need to get it a butcher as I have never seen it in any supermarket.
I buy it with the bone and it weighs around 2-3 kg and it will feed about 12 people. If you are making this just for yourself rather than a gathering you can freeze a few portions and you have dinners/ lunches done in advance.
1 pork shoulder (2-3kg)
400ml bbq sauce
200ml apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce, Worcestershire is better)
1 tablespoon chilli powder
3-4 garlic clove
2-3 teaspoon of dried thyme
Preheat oven at 130 degrees Celsius
1. Place your piece of meat on a big tray
2. In a bowl prepare the sauce with all the ingredients above
3. Pour it on top of the pork. VERY IMPORTANT to cover and seal VERY well with tin foil otherwise it will be dry and you want the pork to nearly melt away.
4. Cook for 4-5 hours check every 2 hours and see how is going
5. Remove the big thick fat at the top and shred with 2 forks mixing it with all the juices/sauce on the tray
6. If you are making the burgers make a mayo with a bit of mustard and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce and you’ll love it
For the red cabbage recipe click HERE