Omg guys! I honestly never thought this was gonna turn out as delicious as it did.
You really have to make it!
I wanted to create a recipe with lots of healthy fats, proteins, good fibre, and antioxidants for the boys to balance out all the easter eggs.
And this is just the perfect treat for that. Although is amazing for the kids. It still contains lots of calories.
So if you are on a weight loss have a small slice and enjoy it like I will.
For the base:
2 cups raw pecans
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup cacao
Pinch of sea salt (you really won’t regret this as it gives a salted caramel flavour on it)
For the filling:
2 cups of cashews (no need to soak)
1 cup of grated courgette (this might sound weird but please trust me. You won’t taste it, gives it a silky consistency and you are eating greens)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1. Blend all the base ingredients and press down in a circulare mould
2. Place it in the freezer while you do the rest
3. Blend all the filling ingredients until mix well binded and creamy.
4. Pour mix on top of the base and freeze for at least 6-8 hours (best to leave over night)
5. I decorated with little Cadbury chocolate eggs. But you can use strawberries 🍓 for a healthier and vibrant look