I have had a couple of requests to do a post of how I stay motivated to keep eating healthy. So I decided make this little pointers that might help someone in this Monday Morning:
1. Visualise yourself of how do you want to look. This help me big time because before I eat something bad I always think to myself: “This is not going to make me look lean” NO IS NOT! So is easier to say no to unhealthy things. Plus when you are eating healthy most of the time you don’t crave bad food that much. Believe me it is a cycle the better you eat the better you feel. The more bad food you eat the more bad food you crave so BREAK that cycle and you will feel AMAZING!
2. Set goals. Realistic goals now! say I am going to lose half a pound or a pound per week, and focus on that. Or even better buy a smaller seize of jeans and try them every Sunday. The non-scale victory are the best ones as scales are very deceiving! You might have not lose weight but you lost body fat which will allow you to get into a smaller size so that is much better!
3. Have fun with the process. Find a sport or activity that you like and that you look forward doing. If going to lift weights is not for you find other activities that might help you, like a running club, dancing, tennis etc. You would surprise yourself of how much fun you can have and how this activity can have a positive impact on your body and mind!
4. Make a list of reasons why you want to reach your goals:
- to have energy to play with my kids
- to feel confident
- to have a better health
- to see myself in the mirror and like what I see
One thought on “HOW DO I STAY MOTIVATED?”
Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
Cook at weight watcher recipes free online foods.