So for tonights treat I came up with this delicious recipe to kill the sweet cravings and sit down and enjoy it with a nice cup of tea.
This would come up really well in a cupcake form as well. I made it in a 2lb loaf tin.
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup of honey
– 1/4 cup of coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1 cup of oat flour
– 1 cup of almond flour or almond ground
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 grated carrot ( I used a big one)
– handful of walnuts (optional)
1. Mix the egg, honey, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix the flours and the baking powder.
3. Then mix the wet ingredients with the dry
4. Mix in the grated carrots and nuts (you can also add raisins if desired)
5. Place mixture in the cake tin or cupcake moulds
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius
For the icing:
– 1/2 cup of natural greek yogurt
– 1/2 cup of light cream cheese
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon of orange zest (optional)
Mix ingredients in a bowl and spread over you carrot cake once is cooled down.
Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.