This chocolate bars were my favourite ones when growing up. I remember you couldn’t get them in Mexico. So we use to take constant trips to the United States to buy them in bulk along with so many other products like Hershey’s, donuts, yellow cheese and Dr. Pepper. (oh the memories!)
My granny used to hid them from me, other wise I would literally eat the whole box in the one go.
Now, since I became more conscious of eating healthy I don’t eat them at all or as often anyway. So this recipe is so delicious and tastes just as good or even better than the real thing.
So I hope you like them, and if you make them, please tag me on social media so I can see your creations.
1/2 cup of dates
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
3/4 cup salted peanuts
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons coconut flour
3 tablespoons maple syrup
And 150 grams of dark chocolate to cover them up at the end.
TIP: Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the chocolate to make more of it and the coverage of the bars is better!
- Use a small plastic box. If you use a big mould it is not going to work as you can’t them nice a compact.
- Line up your box with greaseproof paper
- Blend the base 1 ingredients (except the peanuts) Once blended add the peanuts
- Spread mixture of base 1 into the base of your dish
- In a small bowl, mix with a spoon ingredients of base 2
- Spread base 2 mixture in top on base 1
- Freeze for at least 2 hours
- Slice them into bars
- Melt the dark chocolate
- Cover them in chocolate
- To set them faster you can place them in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy within the week!
If you wanted to watch the video of how I made these click HERE