This casserole is ideal for the winter! Is very filling, warming and very healthy!
Lentils are very accessible and easy to put under your budget they are also high in protein and fibre!
My husband and kids wouldn’t be happy to have them on their own so I always add some meat for them to my vegetarian dishes!
2 cans of green lentils (400g each)
6-8 living healthy low fat sausages from tesco (ad)
2 handfuls of spinach
1 carton of passata
1 vegetable stock
1 handful of fresh parsley
Sea salt and pepper
If you are using sausages always make sure they are at least 70% pork! And this ones are ideal, they are low fat and low calories as well
1. First cut all the veggies and sauté them in some olive oil
2. Add the full can of lentils with the passata.
3. Bring to the boil and crumble the stock cube into the sauce
4. Add the spinach
5. Bring heat down and let them simmer
6. In the mean time, grill your healthy living tesco sausages
7. Add the sausages into the dish and simmer them in it for further 10 minutes
Serve with some mashed potato!