The method I use to make this soup allows it to be creamy while at the same time have texture.
This soup is also pack with nutrients and lots of flavour! Therefore ideal for pregnant ladies like myself and kids!
I will write down the specific veggies I used but you can use any veggies you like or that you have at home.
1 red onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 fennel bulb
2 cups spinach
1 cup (200g green lentils)
1 can of tomatoes
1.5 litres of vegetable stock
Sea salt and black pepper to season
Fresh parsley to garnish
1. Chop all the vegetables very finely
2. Sauté them with some water or olive oil in a saucepan
3. Add the lentils and sauté them in for a couple of seconds
4. Add the can of tomatoes and cook them in for a minute, followed by the stock
5. Bring to the boil then simmer until cooked
6. Take out about 2 cups of the soup and blend it
7. Pour the blended bit back in and it will make your soup so creamy you won’t believe what a gorgeous texture this gives it!
8. Serve, garnish with some parsley and enjoy with some crispy bread!
Hope you like this recipe, if you do give it a like on my social media channels and tag me if you make it!