I have been making this bread for about 5 years now I don’t know why I haven’t shared this recipe in my blog.
I think I might have done before on Snapchat but never took pictures and sat down to write it down.
Finally here is the recipe and it is to die for! Impress your friends, partner, family etc with this super simple recipe.
300g plain flour
100g self raising wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
130g grated butternut Squash
30g pumpkin seeds
Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees Celcius
1. In a bowl place the flour, bicarbonate, salt, butternut squash and pumpkin seeds
2. Make a hollow in the middle of the bowl and pour the buttermilk (make sure you shake it before using)
3. Mix it with your fingers until all ingredients are combined
4. Place some flour on a surface and roll it into a circle. Place it i to a tray previously lined with grease proof paper. Do a cross in the middle with a knife
5. Bake for 20 minutes, bring temperature down to 180 degrees and bake for further 30 minutes
6. Cool it down before slicing. Enjoy!
To serve I served with pesto pasta and some steamed broccoli