When I said on insta stories I was going to do lactating cookies someone thought I was making cookies using my breast milk (hahaha)
This cookies are brilliant to increase your supply. Delicious with a cuppa at night time. (That’s if you didn’t eat them all through the day)
They are perfectly fine for all the family. Don’t worry they won’t be lactating anytime soon! Lol!
I can’t express how good the are! (Pun intended 😜)
1 cup of self raisin wholemeal flour (or plain flour plus 1 teaspoon baking powder)
1 & 1/2 cup of oats
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter or coconut oil
2 tablespoon flaxseeds
1 tablespoon not too full of brewers yest. I bought mine in holland and barret
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
2-3 tablespoons of water or milk
1. In a bowl mix the flour, oats, sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon, brewers yest and salt
2. In a separate bowl mix the butter, milk or water, egg and mix well
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in
4. Make sure you mix them very well! Mixture might seem dry but it will eventually look like the picture below
5. Start forming your cookies and bake in the oven for 12 minutes
Store them in an air tight container and consume them within 7 days.
Hope you enjoy them! If you aren’t breastfeeding why not make them for a friend who is! I’m sure she’d be delighted to get them!