I have made this Matcha Cheesecake a few times now and I have to say I absolutely love it! It is a very healthy treat and tastes dangerously good!
And now that we are being so patriotic for St. Patricks day it makes sense we make make a green cheesecake this weekend!
I get my matcha from MATCHA IRELAND and you can buy it HERE and with the word: “Mexico” you can get 10% discount! (It is not an affiliate link, nor do I get any money or commission on your purchase of the tea)
And the question I get too often about this is: Where did I buy the edible flowers I put on top. And the answer is in amazon! Just search in the search box ‘edible flowers’ and lots comes up! they look lovely in any type of dishes!
For the base:
60 grams of desiccated coconut
100g sesame seeds
1/2 cup of dates
1/4 tsp salt
For the filling:
220g cashew nuts
200ml coconut milk (half a can)
4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Soak the cashews for at least 20 minutes (creamier if soaked over night)
- preheat oven at 180 degrees Celcius
- Place the coconut and sesame seeds on a tray and toast in the oven for 10 minutes, moving them around every 5
- Place the dates, toasted sesame and coconut and salt into the food processor and blend until the mixture is well combined
- Press this mixture into the bottom of a dish (grease your dish with coconut oil to avoid your pie to stick)
- Blend the filling ingredients together in your food processor and top the mixture into the base of your pie
- Place in the fridge or freezer to allow to set for a couple of hours
- Decorate with the edible flowers and enjoy!