*This post is in collaboration with Tesco.
These mini bites are super tasty and so handy to make in advance, especially if you have friends over. You can also freeze them and place in the oven directly for an after school snack.
I used Tesco Irish Lean Pork Mince but you can also use their Irish minced chicken. Both are great options and they contain very little fat, in fact I had to add more oil when I was cooking the pork as it was very lean.
So I really recommend it for a healthier option. I left some of the pork mix aside for husband’s dinner. I served it with some rice and he loved it.
• 1 pack of Tesco Irish Lean Mince Pork (7% Fat)
• 4 Tesco corn tortilla wraps
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 1 shredded carrot
• 1 shredded courgette
• 2 shredded apples
• Sea salt and pepper
If you are not doing this for the kids you can add some soya sauce and paprika for extra flavour.
1. Sauté the onion with some olive oil
2. Add the meat and cook well
3. Add the carrots, courgette and apple
4. Season to taste
5. With a pizza cutter, cut the wraps in 4 parts as shown in the picture
6. Fill each wrap triangle with the mix of the meat and fold into a tiny burrito
7. Place all the mini burritos into a tray and bake for 12 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius
8. Serve and enjoy!
I made a tomato sauce for the boys with passata, herbs and some garlic to dip in the mini burritos. You can also use ketchup, mayo or brown sauce if desired.
So easy, so simple so tasty!