Made this tart yesterday and I have to say it was one of the most delicious tarts I’ve ever eating. I love pastry too much! so maybe that is why I loved it so much!
It will be for sure a favourite dish for this winter!
1 roll of pre made shortcrust pastry
2 leeks cut into thick rounds
2 carrots sliced as desired
2 cooked beetroot sliced
100ml of coconut cream (or conventional cream)
100g feta cheese
2 tablespoons of chives
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celcius
- line your pie tray with the pastry and press around it with a fork as in picture above
- Cover the pastry with grease-proof paper and place raw beans on top. Bake like that for 15 minutes
- whisk and egg in a bowl to brush the pastry
- remove beans and paper and brush your pastry with the egg, cook for further 5 minutes
- Make the filling of the tart by mixing the cream, half of the feta cheese, chives, 2eggs, sea salt and pepper
- place the filling on top on the pastry
- cover the tart up with the beetroot, carrot and leek
- turn down the oven to 160 degrees Celcius and bake for further 40 minutes
- once baked sprinkle with the rest of the feta cheese and the pomegranate cheese
Serve and enjoy! I served with a green salad and a potato salad. So tasty. My husband loved so much he asked me if he could bring a slice into work for a snack. So that means it was a winning recipe!